Since Blue Bytes first Settlers game hit the market, the long line of
successful Settlers games has kept on rolling. World wide, over 1 million copies
have been sold. Thats a pretty good record, not to mention all the awards that the
series has earned. "The Settlers II - VENI,VIDI,VICI," successor to the very
first Settlers game, is currently available in 25 different countries. It has been
fully localized for the United Kingdom, the United States, France, Spain, and Japan.
Further more, its been ported to the Macintosh and is available in both German and
"The Settlers I and II" are used by many as a synonym
for the entire category of economic simulations or god sims. For these genres, "The
Settlers II" is the ultimate benchmark for new releases.
The series has gathered fans and friends all over the world. Numerous fan sites can be
found on Internet. Every day Blue Byte receives fan mail with questions about the game,
suggestions, and even self-edited Settlers missions. The two most frequently asked
questions by the Settlers fans is: "When will a new "Settlers
II" mission CD be released and when will "The Settlers III" be
The Most Important Innovations
The Settlers team has incorporated many of the ideas they received from fans into
the "The Settlers III". The following is a list of the five most important
changes and developments in the game:
- A totally new game animation, with 3D design of all the characters, landscapes,
buildings and other details. When the game was designed strong emphasis was put on
maintaining the original charm of the Settlers themselves.
- More importance is given to the strategic element, with construction and strategy now
playing equal parts in the game. The on-going real-life battles can be directly controlled
by the player. Individual soldiers may be promoted up the military ranks.
- Additional voyages, five different types of vessels, (two civilian and three military)
are on hand for each race. The ships are created so that the player can have individual
characters enter and exit them.
- New online playability. It is this change that opens up entirely new areas for the
player. In the future, gamers will have the possibility to play with other Settlers
fans all over the world!
- With gods, temples and priests, a totally new element has been developed. The
competition between the gods themselves forms the framework for the campaigns. The
building of temples and pyramids is really important for the outcome of the game!
The gods Jupiter (Romans), Horus (Egyptians) and Chich-Yu (Asians) have
unfortunately lost some of their shape, due to gluttony that comes with centuries of
reigning. During one of their parties, HE orders them to appear in front of HIM, through
HIS private secretary Qngüra. HE is the highest of all gods in the universe. HE is
very angry, Qngüra gloats, and its true that the god of all gods wants to
change their terrible lives and grant them one last chance to straighten up.
They are expected to create a new people, to build up a new economy, and to prove
themselves by fighting other races. However, only one of the three races can assume
leadership, and only the god whose people prevail, wont be punished. And this
punishment is really gory...
The three gods remorsefully get on their way in order to find the right man...
"The Settlers III" contains three different campaigns:, Roman, Egyptian, and
Asian. Just like in the preceding games, the goal is to build up an economy. In "The
Settlers III," however, the player can choose the races he wants to use. Depending on
the god theyre adoring, the people have different characteristics and skills, and
either theyre good at construction or at developing strategies.
The characters of the different races have varying physical features, wear
distinct clothing, live in different houses and build special temples for their god. The
player assumes the role of the leader chosen by his god. All Settlers people are
hard-working and energetic, and therefore they start immediately building houses and
making food from natural resources like wood, rocks, deer, fish, plants and minerals.
There are foresters, lumberjacks, geologists, miners, farmers and carpenters all in
all, more than 30 different types of characters follow the players instructions! But
soon he discovers: Its not easy looking after the well-being of an entire race! Here
the construction work comes to a halt, over there theres no wood, and somewhere else
the lumberjacks are no longer working because theyve run out of food. And the gods
should not be forgotten either, because they could send catastrophes like blazes and
plagues of locusts! Temples and other shrines must be built. The priests and temple
guardians adore the gods by making generous sacrifices.
The player must obviously plan ahead, so his economy functions and prospers and
it has to, because the neighboring people and their gods are always on the guard! The
better the economy functions, the better the chances are to protect oneself from the
neighbors assaults or to invade enemy territory. There are sword fighters, archers,
spear throwers, and ax fighters as well as scouts. The military equipment is also quite
impressive: In The Settlers III, fortresses, towers, and battle ships are now
accessible for the Settlers characters. The authentic pattern of individual military
movements can be controlled by the player. The goal of each of the three campaigns is to
defeat the other two races, because this is the only way for the triumphant god to escape
his terrible punishment....
- Three distinctive races, not only varying in their physical features, their clothing,
and building capabilities, but also in their cultures, and characters!
- Thousands of subordinates, each individually and carefully designed, will animate your
- With over 150 different types of characters, brought to life with the help of over
40,000 phases of animation!
- More than 30 different trades for each race, for example fishers, healers, priests, scouts
- More than 40 different buildings for each race, with camps, that can be viewed from the
inside by the player, and offer his Settlers access to the all fortresses!
- An individual campaign for each race, but be aware of their special characteristics!
- Landscapes with hills and valleys, rivers ,oceans , lakes ,streams, plants and animals,
which your Settlers take possession of!
- Five different civilian and military ships, that offer the characters full access!
- Featuring countless battle options. Using your military strategy, place your soldiers
and their equipment in the right place at the right time. Make sure that youre not
over-run by the enemy!
- Six training missions allowing the player to start the game right away, without spending
too much time reading the manual!
- Amazing gods, with priests that offer them sacrifices, and Settlers that build them
- Numerous cartoon like video-sequences!
- Numerous multi-player levels. Using a LAN, the player has the opportunity to battle with
up to 20 different players, or compete on Internet!
- Complete Internet support with a special Internet Settler III- Server. With the Internet
server you can fight your battles with other Settler fans all over the world, 24 hours a
- A world ranking system that automatically activates itself after each Internet game!
- Using the Internet, build up your clans and play complete tournaments!
IBM PC or 100% compatibles
100 MHz Pentium®
32 MB RAM
Windows® 95, Windows® 98 or Windows® NT 4.0
100 MB free hard drive space
2X CD-ROM drive
1 MB graphic card (DirectX® 5.0 compatible)
166 MHz Pentium®
32 MB RAM
Sound card (DirectX® 5.0 compatible)
2 MB graphic card (DirectX® 5.0 compatible)
Local area network (LAN)
Settlers III internet-server